Thursday 26 December 2013

Radiotherapy MEP, 8 to go

We came home because I had a MEP at the hospital which is a 'mise en place', literally, put in place on the machine for the new 8 sessions to come.

I was in place quite a long time which caused pain on the scars and to my shoulder.  x rays were taken both sides with new co-ordinates for the bed.  The new sessions will be on a smaller square on the scars under my new 'breast' on the left hand side which is a shame because that's the area which is giving me very painful stabbing sensations, taking me surprise, sometimes making me exclaim out loud.  I take pain killers during the day and at night as finding a sleeping position is difficult.  My whole underarm and arm and left breast and part of my chest are burnt dark brown.

Hard to go back to the hospital after 2 days off, I'm glad to be getting right on with these 8 sessions.  Some people take a break, either because they want to or because they are too burnt, but it's hard to go back.  I'd even forgotten to put my arm up - I said to the manipulator 'how can I forget?' she said, 'why would you want to remember something unpleasant like this?'  which I thought was pretty kind.

GG was not on form today, although it didn't prevent him from gassing non stop.  He has the typical French 'mal de foie' often arriving after festive periods and the indulgent eating that they involve.

I am hurting and feel depressed and close to tears that there are still 2 weeks to go.

Today I feel grateful for the kindness of the hospital staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment