Monday 18 February 2019

5 years on

Well, here I am over 5 years on.  I'm 56 now.  Sometimes I feel like I'm getting on a bit, other days I feel like a teenager.  I'm no oil painting and definitely on the curvy side of fat.  But I like clothes and I like looking after my skin.

There are many things that have got me through this last 5 years.  The most part of them are love and friendship, but also self-determination and a will to enjoy life and to look after myself.

To that end, I'm continuing the process of moving on.  I'll still be flagging up issues about cancer that might interest you lovely readers.  There have been many advances even in 5 years.  We are talking about blood tests to detect cancer, vaccinations that destroy tumors, pills that destroy or at least shrink significantly tumors.  I'm still interested and aware of how lucky I am to be here writing this with my two (now) teenagers asleep upstairs.

Something else that really helps and has helped me get through the days is self care.  I'm a firm believer that cosmetics and lotions are really magic and can cheer one up no end.  They can't hold back the years but they can make aging feel easier and can give you a 'face' to confront the world when you're really not feeling up to it.  Choose your clothes carefully, have clean skin, touch of lippie, and you're ready for anything.

I've always looked after my skin, starting at 18 with the Clinique 3-step method and I still do the same.  I receive boxes of cosmetics twice a month - Glossybox and Birchbox - and I really look forward to receiving them, as I did when I was ill and down - what a treat to look forward to.

I'm going to be sharing some of my finds with you for fun and for sharing.  Please leave comments and share your tricks and treats.  We are 50 but we count and we deserve to look good!

Love xx



No comments:

Post a Comment